Here We Stand – April 2016 Update
The Here We Stand Campaign has made significant progress since its kickoff during the fall of 2015. As you read the remainder of this article, you will see several of the advancements/highlights that have taken place.
- First, a reminder of the support the HWS campaign received during the Michigan District Convention in June, 2015: the Convention delegates showed overwhelming support for HWS, approving the campaign with over 94% of the votes in favor. This very high level of support continues to permeate the District today.
- The District is blessed by the service of 45 Pastors serving as Campaign Circuit Coordinators for our 42 circuits. Three circuits have two coordinators. Each attended one of five educational workshops in January to help prepare and equip them to serve in this vitally important role.
- Also serving the campaign is our Campaign Steering Committee, comprised of 25 pastoral and lay leaders from throughout the Michigan District. These committee members not only provide leadership to the campaign in their congregations and communities, but they also serve as excellent advisors to me and President Maier. Rev. Robert Appold from St. Matthew, Ada serves as our Steering Committee Chairman.
- Eighteen Congregational Educational Workshops have been scheduled throughout the District during the months of February, March, and April, 2016. At the end of March, twelve of the 18 Workshops have been completed. The feedback we have received from attendees has been excellent. Please plan on attending one of the remaining six educational workshops in April if you have not already attended one earlier. The schedule of remaining workshops is available, as are numerous campaign materials and information.
- The Campaign has been blessed by outstanding support in its early stages. To date, over 200 donors have made gifts and pledges totaling over $1.55 million. For these generous hearts, we are grateful and humbled. These generous and early responders have also included five congregations, even though the congregational phase has not yet officially begun.
Thank you and we look forward to talking with you about HWS in the near future.
Over $1.55 million gifted to date. Stand with us and make a donation today!
We would like to thank Good Shepherd, Cass City; Christ Our Savior, Livonia; Trinity, Monroe; Faith, Grand Blanc; Faith, Bay City; Peace, Ann Arbor; St. Michael, Portage; St. Matthew, Grand Rapids; St. John, West Branch, Cross of Christ, Bloomfield Hills; St. Peter, Macomb; and Our Savior, Lansing for serving as host congregations for our Here We Stand Congregational Workshops in February and March.
We encourage pastors, lay leaders, and congregational members to attend one of the remaining 6 regional workshops in April to learn about Here We Stand and how your congregation can participate. Please contact Linda Ekong to register at: 888.225.2111 ext. 265.